Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Midsummer Rains

Today was one of the heaviest rains so far of the Flagstaff monsoon season.  The raindrops were so loud and heavy and thick that I first I thought it was hailing.  There was lightning and deafening thunder, and there must have been a traffic accident somewhere because ambulance sirens were wailing right along with the storm.  It didn't last very long, less than an hour, but it was intense.  Personally, I love the respite to the heat, but I'm such a homebody that I hate even being a passenger in a car during heavy rainfall.  Thankfully, we only had a few errands to run before we returned.  Nature can be so incredibly refreshing and invigorating, but at the same time so frightening and destructive.  I think a piece dedicated to the rain is definitely due...

Here, have a pretty rain gif. And have a lovely (hopefully not too soggy) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment