Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Inspiration

Let's face it, it can be used as a method for producing beauty, or an excuse for not producing at all.  I know how easy it is to let stress and drama and everyday life dull or entirely erase your feeling of  inspiration.  So much of modern society is based around consuming the products of someone else's creativity, rather than cultivating your own.  You have to find your own personal way of making the system work for you.  For instance, I love to window-shop, whether it's online, or via the occasional women's magazine, or actual trips to a craft or fashion store.  Whenever I find myself browsing (which can turn into such a mindless, numbing activity), I try to keep my brain switched on.  Whenever I find a piece that I like, I try to figure out what aspect of that jewelry or outfit excites me so that I can use it in the things I make.  I'm not talking about copying or stealing the ideas of others; I'm talking about boiling down basic concepts, shapes, colors and themes that can be turned around and integrated into my own personal style and skill set.  Keep in mind that I don't always feel dry and devoid of creativity. This is just something I use to either kickstart the process, or keep me going between the fits of, "Must create!"  If this helps you at all, or at least entertained you for a few minutes, I am grateful.

Fortune and blessings. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment